[R-sig-Geo] K (r)

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jun 22 11:36:49 CEST 2012

On 22/06/12 20:22, Marcelino de la Cruz wrote:
> Several authors recomend using 0.25 * length of the shortest side of
> the polygon (I mean rectangle). For other geometries I don't know but
> I supose that the algorithm in spatstat selects the apropriate range
> of radii.

The default is 0.25 * (length of shortest side of the bounding box of
the window).   With a slight tweak.
Type:

     rmax.rule

in the R console, to display the code that does the calculation.

Adrian recommends, in the help for Kest(), that the user *not* set "r"
(the vector of radii)  but rather
go with the default chosen by the software that he wrote.

And anyone who does not follow Adrian's recommendations in respect of
point pattern analysis
is, IMHO, a damned fool! :-)

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner