[R-sig-Geo] adehabitat​HR: calculatio​n of UDOI using adaptive and fixed kernels

JLong jlong at uvic.ca
Wed Jun 20 20:10:26 CEST 2012

James:

1)      Is there a way to pass the UDs generated in Animal Space Use to
kerneloverlap/kerneloverlaphr in adehabitatHR? If so, how might I go about
that?

You could save your UD's from Horne & Garton's toolkit as rasters then check
out this thread b/w Tony Fischbach and Clement Calenge
http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/Walruses-and-adehabitatHR-class-estUDm-exclusion-of-non-habitat-pixels-and-summary-over-all-animals-td6497315.html#none
http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/Walruses-and-adehabitatHR-class-estUDm-exclusion-of-non-habitat-pixels-and-summary-over-all-animals-td6497315.html#none

2)      If currently there is no solution to my first question, is there a
way use adaptive and fixed kernel methods to generate UDs using kernelUD?

The kernelUD function is a fixed kernel method, I don't believe there is an
adaptive kernel option however.