[R-sig-Geo] Projected data in R-Gstat

Lindia99 feimaobaobao at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 21:36:51 CEST 2012

I am a beginner to geoStatistics and searched this thread when I have the
same trouble to project latitude and longitude data to use krige.

my location data is a n*2 matrix with colnames and 1 example below.

> colnames(location)
[1] "latitude"  "longitude"

>location[1,]
  latitude longitude
1 47.46947 -122.2829

and I use proj4string and get the error. How to fix this?

> proj4string(location) =  "+proj=longlat +datum=WGS84"
Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "proj4string<-", for
signature "data.frame", "character"

Thanks much!

Lindia