[R-sig-Geo] Variogram estimation without spatial reference

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Wed Jun 13 09:16:41 CEST 2012

What you did sounds to me like an (unbalanced) nested sampling scheme.
One of the first computer programs I ever wrote analysed such data (in
the late 80's, in Pascal) but it got lost somewhere in the migration
from 5.25" 360 Kb floppy disks to 256 Gb SSD drives.

As the underlying model was, IIRC, a mixed effects ANOVA model, I guess
lme() in package nlme would now provide you the means to analyse them;
you'd need to define a factors for each distance class, and have this
nested within the factor meadow.