[R-sig-Geo] Center of mass of a SpatialPointsDataFrame object - Which projection?

PCB pedrocontebarros at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 20:41:53 CEST 2012

Yes, in this case I have one set of observations per year, so Time is
discreet.

I did look at the Spatial Task View, but could not understand all that I
read...
I am using the gstat package, looks like it has all the features I want, but
I still need to find out how to calculate the distances if I am using a
lon-lat CRS. Anyway, I will try a go at using UTM, and will get back to the
Spatial Task View. I am looking at an area between -5 and -25 Degrees, with
a longitudinal extent of about 15 degrees longitude
Since we are at this, is gstat the most appropriate package for doing this?
or should I be trying one of the others? I am trying to work also with the
"raster" package, for doing the cropping, but your mail suggests I could do
it using gstat. I will find out how to do it there.
Thanks a lot

.
Barry Rowlingson wrote