[R-sig-Geo] first time passage

Pinaud David pinaud at cebc.cnrs.fr
Fri Jun 8 10:23:12 CEST 2012

Dear Ana,
Yes you can do this with R, have a look to the package "adehabitatLT"
and the functions fpt() to calculate FPT and lavielle() to perform a
segmentation of the FPT time series in order to identify ARS parts.

HTH
David

Le 08/06/2012 10:12, A.P.B. Carneiro a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have GPS tracking data for a bird and I would like to use the first
> passage time method to identify and estimate the size of the zones of
> area restricted search (ARS) that can be indicative of foraging trips.
>
> Can I do this in R? Is there a package for it?
> I am really new to R, so I will be glad if someone can help me!
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ana

Dr. David PINAUD
Ingénieur de Recherche "Analyses spatiales"

Centre d'Etudes Biologiques de Chizé - CNRS UPR1934
79360 Villiers-en-Bois, France
poste 485
Tel: +33 (0)5.49.09.35.58
Fax: +33 (0)5.49.09.65.26