[R-sig-Geo] rgdal Windows change Path to GDAL shared files / not all the Drivers

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat Jun 2 17:57:20 CEST 2012

On Sat, 2 Jun 2012, gilles2604 wrote:

> Ok, I really try to understand the READ ME, but its quiet difficult to me
> because i'm not used to windows...
>
> What i fond was this:
>

> /Run in OSGeo4W console, after setting:
>
> set OSGEO4W_BUILD=yes
> set GDAL_HOME=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%
>
> cd rgdal/src
>
> cl /MT /Ox /EHsc /D "WIN32" /c /I "C:/Program Files/R/R-2.8.1/include" /I
> C:/OSGeo4W/include /I "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 9.0\VC\include" /D OSGEO4W *.cpp
>
> link /dll /out:rgdal.dll /def:rgdal.def *.obj "C:\Program
> Files\R\R-2.8.1\bin\Rdll.lib" /libpath:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
> Studio 9.0\VC\lib" /libpath:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib" /libpath:"C:\OSGeo4W\lib" gdal_i.lib proj_i.lib
>
> cd ../..
>
> Set Makefile.win as below to all:!!
>
> R CMD INSTALL --build rgdal/
>
> So I have a few questions:
>
> 1. OSGeo4W console is this the OSGeo4W shell (simple shell with OSGeo4W as
> administrator?)
> 2. Do I have to run all these commands in this shell?
> 3. when I do cl... i get the following message: cl is not recognized as a
> command...
>
> I'm really desperate, it is the last part of my work...
>
> Maybe you can help me?

I don't think that the list can help - you need local help, really. The
notes were made for a specific version of OSGeo4W and have not been kept
updated, so you would need to adapt to your platform. If you don't know
what cl is, this suggests that you should stay on the platforms for which
you have compilers (cl is a compiler).

Roger