[R-sig-Geo] problem with OpenStreetMap

BHorn bxhorn at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 22:42:57 CEST 2012

Robert
I tried your proposed solution and I can't deny it works.  However, I don't
like the implication of having to leave my well established
editor/development environment and migrating to JGR in order to get the
OpenStreetMap package to work (on Max OSX).

Are there environment or command settings that could avoid the error
altogether and the need to migrate to JGR?

In the meanwhile, I stick to the "osmar" package for downloading and
managing OSM data.
http://osmar.r-forge.r-project.org/