[R-sig-Geo] Re-shape shapefile using another shapefile?

Julian Burgos julian at hafro.is
Fri Jul 20 10:48:39 CEST 2012

Hi Zak,
One option is to use the package "rgeos".  The you can use the
"gIntersection" function to find the intersection between both polygons
and keep only the parts of the S2 polygon that are included within the
S1 polygon.

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos, PhD
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute
Netfang/Email: julian at hafro.is