[R-sig-Geo] ERROR: dependency ‘png’ is not available for package ‘RgoogleMaps’

Anisha Kaul born.rebel.83 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 13:17:01 CEST 2012

Greetings,

I installed R, Rcpp, RInside successfully on my computer (Linux -
openSUSE 11.3, 64 bit).

Now when I try to install `RgoogleMaps` package, I get this error:

linux-y3pi:#   R CMD INSTALL RgoogleMaps_1.2.0.tar.gz
* installing to library ‘/usr/lib64/R/library’
ERROR: dependency ‘png’ is not available for package ‘RgoogleMaps’
* removing ‘/usr/lib64/R/library/RgoogleMaps’

What does this indicate? Google didn't help.
Please help.

--
Anisha Kaul