[R-sig-Geo] R shut down problem when using "lambdahat"

박철봉 parktf at kangwon.ac.kr
Mon Jul 2 03:48:29 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am using function "lambdahat" in "spatialkernel" for my data analysis.
I meet a problem.  I find under WinXP and Win7, when my code runs to the line of function "lambdahat", R will shut down, without any error message. Sometimes, it does work for 1 or 2 times. However, if I try continuously, R will shut down. The strange thing is that if I try the code under Linux system, it works very well.

Does anyone know why?

Below is my code:

library(spatstat)
library(spatialkernel)
pol=c(0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1)
dim(pol) = c(4, 2)

aa = rpoispp(100)
bb = density(aa)
cc = as.matrix(data.frame(gx = aa$x, gy = aa$y))

loci = matrix(ncol = 2, nrow = 16384)
loci[,1] = rep(bb$xcol, each = 128)
loci[,2] = rep(bb$yrow, times = 128)

lam = lambdahat(pts = cc, h = 0.1, gpts = loci, poly = pol)

Regards,

Vincent