[R-sig-Geo] HDF format

Paul Hiemstra paul.hiemstra at knmi.nl
Thu Jan 26 10:01:01 CET 2012

On 01/26/2012 08:53 AM, Vikram Ranga wrote:
> Hello List,
> I was trying to open HDF format files.
> Though I have followed the discussion on HDF5 format but really cant
> figure out as I tried to convert HDF to Geotiff but the tool is not
> working on my system. As the package is not for windows my options are
> very limited. Can anyone suggest me on this?
>

> Regards,
>
> Vikram.

Hi Vikram,

You e-mail is much too vague to yield a good answer. A few questions
come to mind:

- What is the structure of your HDF files
- What "discussion on hdf5 format" do you mean? And where can we find
it? It is best to give a summary in your mail what you took out of this
discussion.
- Show us concretely what you did (code, package etc). What R code
failed to load your HDF file, what was the error message it yielded?
- What version of R are you using, which package are you using to read
the HDF file, what are the versions of those packages. This can be
easily provided using the sessionInfo() command.

Give us more to work with, or it will be very hard to help you.

regards,
Paul

--
Paul Hiemstra, Ph.D.