[R-sig-Geo] problem with ndvi

Vikram Ranga babuawara at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 10:49:54 CET 2012

Hello list,
I am working with landsat images and would like to create a phenological
cycle with NDVI.
I am using R for that but NDVI values changes if i use on sensor
reflectance instead of DN values i.e. giving different result in every case.
I tried to compare histograms seems to have changed and I am not getting
negative values where there is no vegetation but if i use DN values it
gives negative values to such locations. Do anybody have any idea what
went wrong??

Thanks in advance and would be much appreciated.