[R-sig-Geo] Lisa Map Results

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sun Jan 15 20:23:13 CET 2012

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012, Angelo Moreno wrote:

> Hi, I Have the Lisa Map,and I have done it with the information of a
> list of cities,I`d like to know if I Can get a list or a table of the
> results of the quadrants, for example something like this:

Please do be specific, and include code using built-in data sets to
illustrate your question. The term Lisa Map is not clear - do you mean a
choropleth (thematic) map of the estimates of local Moran's I, or Geary's
C, or Getis' G, or what?

If you look at your references, you'll probably find that high and low are
values above or below the mean of the variable of interest and its spatial
lag for some set of weights. If so, you should be able to provide the code
example, say using the supplied afcon data set in spdep. Your choice of
weights and criterion for splitting the distributions will impact your
result. If you adjust the p-values of the local indicators for multiple
comparisons, probably none of them will be significant, I'm afraid.

Roger