[R-sig-Geo] Spatial cluster analysis

ah3881 ah3881 at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jan 4 03:40:14 CET 2012

Hello all

I am fairly new to the world of R and am working somewhere where no one uses
it much yet...
I want to run a spatial cluster analysis on a load of species distributions
(binary ASCII or PNG maps) to look for possible "biotic" zones, i.e.
regional species assemblies. I have tried downloading some of the "cluster"
type packages but have as yet have not managed to get anything to run.
If I upload the file of folders into R, could anyone advise me on the best
package, and a possible script that I can use to run the spatial cluster?
Thanks so much!

Alice