[R-sig-Geo] Reading *.LAS format of LiDAR data In R

Hans Gardfjell Hans.Gardfjell at slu.se
Mon Feb 27 11:09:56 CET 2012

Hi,

At our department we are using LiDAR data for many different purposes. To simplify import into R one of my colleagues are working on a R package that allows the use of the C++ libLas library from within R. It is still under (early) development, but it compiles under Linux and MacOS and allows for basic import of subsets of data from multiple .las files.

I guess you can contact him if you're interested. Try this (slightly obfuscated) mail address peder.axensten AT slu.se.

Best regards,
Hans Gardfjell

Hans Gardfjell
Monitoring of terrestrial habitats (LIFE+ MOTH)
Department of forest resource management
Swedish university of agricultural sciences
Umeå, Sweden