[R-sig-Geo] installing plotKML

Tomislav Hengl hengl at spatial-analyst.net
Mon Feb 20 12:02:38 CET 2012

On 20-2-2012 11:52, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:23 AM, plopez<bluejp at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> install.packages("plotKML", repos=c("http://R-Forge.R-project.org"))
>
> If you go to the project page on r-forge:
>
> https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/plotkml/
>
> and hit the "R Packages" link, you'll see:
>
> https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=1106
>
> things failed to build. Uh oh.
>
> I guess an email to the maintainers, or a report on the plotKML issue
> tracker might be the way to go.

We are working on the package. Most of the problems should be fixed in
the coming 1-2 weeks (so that it can at least install). That's why the
package is still on R-forge and not on e.g. CRAN. Yesterday evening I
was running Rcmd check on the source code few times and there are still
some small difficulties.

>   You could try getting the source and building it yourself.
>
>   Also, R-forge has had some problems recently after an upgrade - a lot
> of projects lost their admin users! - so don't expect an immediate
> fix...

I also noticed that they are experiencing some difficulties (to much
activities on R-forge!). We absolutely need R-forge so I hope they will
fix these soon.

cheers,

T. Hengl