[R-sig-Geo] R / ArcGIS

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Fri Feb 17 08:15:23 CET 2012

Hi,

I might succeed meeting with some ESRI / ArcGIS folks at AAG next week;
I'm in touch with them in particular about linking R to ArcGIS.

I would like to find out if any of you has been successful (or
unsuccessful) in reading or writing ArcGIS geodatabase files directly
from R, by using the rgdal driver, or by some other means.

Another issue is reading/writing spatio-temporal features  (netcdf does
spatio-temporal grids/arrays pretty well it seems); rumours go that
ArcGIS might, in the near future, support reading/writing SpatiaLite.

With best regards,
--
Edzer Pebesma
http://www.52north.org/geostatistics      e.pebesma at wwu.de