[R-sig-Geo] GRASS raster as RasterLayer

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Wed Feb 15 10:25:59 CET 2012

Hello,

I am not sure if a ran into a dead end, but how can I import a GRASS GIS raster (native) into R as a RasterLayer. With the spgrass6 package I am able to import the rasters (readRAST6) into R, but they are in SpatialGridDataFrame format...but I need them for other calculations (dismo-package) as RasterLayers resp. bricks/stacks.
Is there a R function that transforms from SpatialGridDataFrame to RasterLayer? Or do I need to save the Raster in GRASS as ASCII file etc. and read that raster in with the raster package?

Best regards,

Johannes