[R-sig-Geo] Importing GRASS-Rasters into R

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Mon Feb 13 17:23:25 CET 2012

Hi,

I just tranferred to R-sig.geo list:

> On Mon, 13 Feb 2012, Johannes Radinger wrote:
>
> > Dear Roger,
> >
> > as you wrote the spgrass6 package for R, you are most probably the
> > one who can help me.
> >
> > On the one hand I am working with GRASS and have created several Raster
> > maps in a mapset. On the other hand I am working with R in the Eclipse
> > environement and run different scripts also involving dismo (species
> > distribution models). Therefore I need my GRASS raster maps tranfered to
> > R as a RasterStack. As I don't want to run the script from R within a
> > GRASS session, what is the easiest way to get all the raster maps of one
> > mapset into a rasterstack in R (in my Eclipse session)? What are the
> > single steps (R-commands) I need to do? Do I need to set a pseudo
> > location when I don't run any GRASS commands from R, only the export to
> > the RasterStack?
>
> No idea, I don't use Eclipse. Trouble was reported recently with a similar
> front end messing up the path for loading dynamic library objects. Try
> R-sig-geo or statgrass, please. Have you tried initGRASS() in the Eclipse
> setting?

It was more of a general question if i have to set a pseudolocation etc. with initGRASS() when I only want to use readRAST6 and working outside GRASS? If I need to set the location, is it possible to use the location which is already existing (created by GRASS itself), although i am running R outside GRASS?

/Johannes