[R-sig-Geo] Fwd: Re: Coverting GPS Points in Text File to Spatial Lines

Tomislav Hengl hengl at spatial-analyst.net
Mon Feb 6 09:28:48 CET 2012

Hi Armold,

In what format is your GPS data? I highly suggest using the GPX protocol
as this is the lingua franca for GPS data.

I recently made a function that reads GPS data and converts into a data
frame (via the XML package):

http://plotkml.r-forge.r-project.org/readGPX.html

*this is still rather experimental but you can look at the actual steps
via R-forge:

https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/R/readGPX.R?view=markup&root=plotkml

HTH,

T. Hengl