[R-sig-Geo] R 3.0.0 and spatial classes

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Sun Dec 16 18:19:22 CET 2012

Hi Barry, that sounds like a great project. As of your (only) example, I
already see, after loading package raster:

> showMethods(proj4string)
Function: proj4string (package sp)
obj="Raster"
obj="Spatial"

> getMethod(proj4string, "Raster")
Method Definition:

function (obj)
{
    projection(obj)
}
<environment: namespace:raster>

Signatures:
        obj
target  "Raster"
defined "Raster"

or do you suggest that sp should adopt the use of projection() as well?

I'm looking forward to many reactions too, but will draw my conclusions
if there aren't any.