[R-sig-Geo] small bug in adehabitatHR function BRB

Clement Calenge clement.calenge at oncfs.gouv.fr
Sat Dec 15 12:36:32 CET 2012

It's not a bug, it's a feature! The function BRB uses internally the
function match.arg, that checks that the argument type passed by the
user is one of the the three possible values (Also, partial matching is
allowed, so that type="U" is considered identical to type = "UD"). If a
vector is passed, then the first element is considered to be the value
of the argument. Therefore, by default, BRB calculates the "UD".
Argument matching is described in the R language definition:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-lang.html#Argument-matching
and for the function match.arg, see the help page of this function:

?match.arg

Best Regards,

Clément Calenge