[R-sig-Geo] Export a trellis object as a pdf, jpg or similar

Tim Appelhans tim.appelhans at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 21:32:59 CET 2012

Hi Ester,
for trellis objects you need the print command.

Try:

print(world_threat)

within your pdf(), jpg() or png() call and it should work.

HTH
Tim

On 6/12/2012 20:36, Ester Polaina Lacambra wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I am drawing maps using spplot function, from sp package, and I am
> experiencing problems in visualizing my maps because apparently the volume
> of data is big. To avoid waiting I've thought in creating an object and
> then export it in another format such as pdf, jpg, png...
>
> I've tried pdf(), png(), but what it is recorded is an empty file. What
> else can I try?
>
> Or if not, is there any way of diminishing the time R takes to show the map
> I'm drawing?
>
> I let here my trellis object:
>
> world_threat <- spplot(World_map, "total_amenazadas", at=world_pretty$brks,
> col.regions=pal, sp.layout=spl, col = "grey30")
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Ester
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Tim Appelhans
Department of Geography
Environmental Informatics
Philipps Universität Marburg
Deutschhausstraße 12
35032 Marburg (Paketpost: 35037 Marburg)
Germany

Tel +49 (0) 6421 28-25957

http://environmentalinformatics-marburg.de/