[R-sig-Geo] Stratified Spatial Clustering

Alaba Boluwade alaba.boluwade at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Aug 24 04:20:49 CEST 2012

Hi Listers,

I will appreciate if anyone knows any package  in R or software that  I can apply for the following task:

I have a  soil raster map made up of unique 5 soil series in form of "polygons". I did a stratified  random sampling (proportionate to the soil polygon sizes) with a total of 210 samples. I measured basic soil physical and chemical properties such as bulk density, % clay, Ca, P, K, porosity etc.

Now, I want to do a spatial  clustering   of the multivariate properties at each of the  unique soil series. With this, I can have the dissagregation or subdivision  of the polygons based on the similarity of the multivariate properties in form of clusters. Therefore, the soil series factors will be the  contraint.

 I have tried clustTool package. This does not allow specification of the strata. Also, all the different algorithms give different results which is confusing.

The output can be a shapefile  or raster.  I want to use the result as an input to a distributed model.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Alaba.