[R-sig-Geo] Monte Carlo test on ENFA results problem

Mathieu Basille basille at ase-research.org
Thu Aug 9 19:02:09 CEST 2012

Dear Michela,

Your graphical problem just makes me think that you have a very peculiar
dataset. Have you most points at the exact same location, and just a few
others? It would explain the graphs.

As for the randtest call, it's hard to tell without the code you used and
the outputs (but I understand there is none?). Could you please provide a
reproducible example?

Altogether, I really feel like the structure of your data will explain a lot...
Best,
Mathieu.

Le 09/08/2012 05:49, Michela Giusti a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I am doing an ENFA and MADIFA analysis and I have problems with the
> randtest.enfa command of the adehabitatHS package. It does not work even if
> the pc works for hours. I also used the command of the old adehabitat
> version but the problem is the same.
>
> Do you know if there is an alternative command(s) that I can use to perfom
> a Monte Carlo test on ENFA results (I need to obtain the p-value)?
>
> Another question is about the graphs of the MADIFA test that I have
> attached. Can anybody help me with the problem in the figure
> madifa284.jpg??? Any idea?
> I also attached the figure relative to the scatter plot of the same madifa
> results (scatter_mad284) where it seems that there are not problems.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
>
> Bye,
>
> Michela

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, Post-Doc

~$ locate
Laboratoire d'Écologie Comportementale et de Conservation de la Faune
+ Centre d'Étude de la Forêt
Département de Biologie
Université Laval, Québec

~$ info
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
``If you can't win by reason, go for volume.''
Calvin, by Bill Watterson.