[R-sig-Geo] grepl() Eingabezeichenkette 2 ungültig in dieser locale

Tom Gottfried tom.gottfried at o2mail.de
Thu Aug 2 05:50:04 CEST 2012

Torsten,

Am 01.08.2012 20:19, schrieb Torsten Marx:
> Hello,
>

> I'm using the german version of R under Ubuntu. I have a script that works
> fine under Win7 but under Ubuntu I get the following error Message:
>

> In grepl("\n", lines, fixed = TRUE) :
>
>    Eingabezeichenkette 2 ungültig in dieser locale

please add the output of sessionInfo() and Sys.getlocale() from both
systems.

> It looks to me that the output of the Script is the same as under Windows
> but I'm not sure.

Try to reproduce the error with a small and reproducible example which
should probably take only a subset of your object "lines".
By the way, I wonder how the output of your script can be the same when
it stops with an error under Ubuntu!

> Can anyone tell what to do?

Read this for details on how to make it easier for other people to
answer this question:

http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html

HTH,
Tom