[R-sig-Geo] Raster to points

S. Koukoulas (lists) sotkouklistes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 15:22:01 CEST 2012

I am not aware of a function in R but you could use Grass (either as
stand alone or perhaps through the spgrass6 library in R - you need to
have your data in a GRASS location/mapset first) :

v.what.rast  in GRASS (http://www.osgeo.org/grass - open source)

or try the <point sampling tool>  in QGIS which is a plugin from
contributed repository and you need to install it first from <fetch
plugins>. In the second tab tick box <add 3rd party plugins> (qgis.org -
open source)

sotiris