[R-sig-Geo] ncf cross-correlogram

Michael Hewson m.hewson at uq.edu.au
Wed Apr 18 13:32:34 CEST 2012

Dear list,

When using correlog from package ncf I specify the data points to be spatially described by lat/long (in my text file they are in decimal degrees ie 153.32, -27.43). The extent of this 1km resolution grid is about 40 km by 30 km.

When I plot the correlog result with plot.correlog I see my lag distances are from values from 0 to 50. Can I assume the lag distances are then in km? That would seem about right?

My thanks

Michael Hewson PhD candidate
Climate Research Group | Centre for Spatial Environmental Research
The University of Queensland | Brisbane Q 4072 | Australia
m.hewson at uq.edu.au | +61 (0)408 379 373