[R-sig-Geo] can't load rgdal on mac osx [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hafi, Ahmed Ahmed.Hafi at daff.gov.au
Fri Apr 13 03:13:24 CEST 2012

Dear list members,

I am running R on a macbook pro with mac osx lion and trying to do some
spatial modelling with R. I have run into a problem in loading rgdal. I
understand that the installation of rgdal in mac is different from other
packages and followed the instructions given in CRAN rgdal page updated
in last January. The rgdal downloaded successfully but didn't appear to
get installed successfully and failed to load.  I have copied the screen
print segment below. Is it because of the difference in mac osx version
I am using? I would appreciate if someone could interpret it and suggest
what should I do to get rgdal loaded.  I am desperate to use the
functions of this package.

setRepositories(ind=1:2)

>install.packages('rgdal')

trying URL
'http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.15/rgda
l_0.7-8.tgz'

Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 13818239 bytes (13.2 Mb)

opened URL

downloaded 13.2 Mb

The downloaded binary packages are in

/var/folders/17/452p64r17tj_p4y6gmpw5h4c0000gn/T//Rtmp3v4WEZ/downloaded_
packages

>library(rgdal)

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :

unable to load shared object
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library/rgdal/l
ibs/x86_64/rgdal.so':

dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library/r
gdal/libs/x86_64/rgdal.so, 6): Library not loaded:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.14/Resources/lib/libR.dylib

  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library/rgdal/li
bs/x86_64/rgdal.so

  Reason: image not found

Error: package/namespace load failed for 'rgdal'

thanks

Ahmed Hafi

Senior Economist |   ABARES   |   Biosecurity and Farm Analysis

Phone +61 2 6272 2081

Email ahmed.hafi at daff.gov.au <mailto:sally.thorpe at abare-brs.gov.au>

Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences

Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry

18 Marcus Clarke Street, Canberra ACT 2601 Australia

GPO Box 1563 Canberra ACT 2601 Australia

daff.gov.au/abares

  <http://twitter.com/abares>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Australian-Bureau-of-Agricultural-Resourc
e-Economics-Sciences-ABARES/157609254289602>

------
------
IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments have been issued by the Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF). The material transmitted is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential, legally privileged, copyright or personal information. You should not copy, use or disclose it without authorisation from DAFF. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening or forwarding them.

If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender of this email at once by return email and then delete both messages. Unintended recipients must not copy, use, disclose, rely on or publish this email or attachments. DAFF is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from unauthorised use or dissemination of, or any reliance on, this email or attachments.

If you have received this e-mail as part of a valid mailing list and no longer want to receive a message such as this one, advise the sender by return e-mail accordingly.

This notice should not be deleted or altered.

------

------