[R-sig-Geo] A krige.conv() question :: variance

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at c3sl.ufpr.br
Wed Sep 28 21:40:15 CEST 2011

Dear Olga

Using the notation in Diggle and Ribeiro (2007)
the kriging predictor ($predict)
and the associates variance are summaries of the (estimated) predictive
distribution, and therefore provide estimates of E[S|Y] and Var[S|Y]

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr
LEG (Laboratorio de Estatistica e Geoinformacao)
Universidade Federal do Parana
Caixa Postal 19.081
CEP 81.531-990
Curitiba, PR  -  Brasil