[R-sig-Geo] downscaling grid data; alternative for interp()?

Paul Hiemstra paul.hiemstra at knmi.nl
Thu Sep 22 13:49:35 CEST 2011

 Hi,

A trick to get Nearest Neighbor (NN) is to use idw() from the gstat
package with setting the nmax parameter to 1. This limits the amount of
points used for the inverse distance weighted average to one, leading to
NN. I'm not sure if this is much faster than interp, but you can take a
look.

regards,
Paul