[R-sig-Geo] localG {spdep} - critical values for Gi* statistics

zbynek.janoska at centrum.cz zbynek.janoska at centrum.cz
Thu Sep 22 08:18:55 CEST 2011

Hello,
I am wondering, if it is posiible to obtain critical values for Gi
statistics calculated by localG {spdep} function.

In manual there is (quoting): The critical values of the statistic under
assumptions given in the references for the 95th percentile are for n=1:
1.645, n=50: 3.083, n=100: 3.289, n=1000: 3.886.

However, I have n=77, right in the middle between values given, and also I
wonder, whether critical values for Gi* and Gi are the same? I suppose they
are, since the difference is only in spatial weights, is it not?
Consequently, another percentile than 95th could be useful.

Thank You,
Zbynek