[R-sig-Geo] Spatial Interpolation Cross Validation

Paul Hiemstra paul.hiemstra at knmi.nl
Wed Sep 21 09:50:40 CEST 2011

 On 09/20/2011 12:59 PM, srp868 wrote:
> Hello
>

> I believe there have been a couple of posts on this topic, but let me add
> this one.
>
> I need a way to perform leave out one cross validation on a bunch of data.
>
> I believe Automap is the way to go forward for Kriging and i am using it .
>

> Could someone suggest me a way to do the same with splines that may
>
> use any existing spline package for R.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sandeep Patil
>
> Dept of Geography
>
> Texas A & M University, College Station

Hi Sandeep,

For a project I wrote a few functions which smooths cross validation
across spatial packages, e.g. using Tps (thin plate splines) from the
fields package together with automap. See:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2010-December/010363.html

I sent you the scripts off-list, which includes example code.

good luck,
Paul

--
Paul Hiemstra, Ph.D.