[R-sig-Geo] Plotting direction vectors from an aspect map

Oscar Perpiñan Lamigueiro oscar.perpinan at upm.es
Sun Sep 18 18:02:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have uploaded a first draft of a vectorplot function in rasterVis. It
is available here:
https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/drafts/vectorplot.R?view=markup&root=rastervis.
It uses the raster::slopeAspect function to calculate the slope/aspect
from a raster object.

For example:

library(raster)
library(rasterVis)

df <- expand.grid(x=seq(-2, 2, .1), y=seq(-2, 2, .1))
df$z <- with(df, (3*x^2 + y)*exp(-x^2-y^2))
r1 <- rasterFromXYZ(df)
df$z <- with(df, x*exp(-x^2-y^2))
r2 <- rasterFromXYZ(df)
df$z <- with(df, y*exp(-x^2-y^2))
r3 <- rasterFromXYZ(df)

projection(r1) <- projection(r2) <- projection(r3) <-
CRS("+proj=longlat +datum=WGS84")

vectorplot(r1, par.settings=RdBuTheme)
vectorplot(r2, par.settings=RdBuTheme)
vectorplot(r3, par.settings=RdBuTheme)

I will include it in the rasterVis package after some tests.

Best,

Oscar.

Oscar Perpiñán Lamigueiro
Dpto. de Ingeniería Eléctrica