[R-sig-Geo] joining envelope objects for parallel computing. Possible?

Quets Jan Jan.Quets at ua.ac.be
Mon Sep 12 11:03:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

is it possible to join several envelope (spatstat) objects into a single object?

The reason would be saving computation time with parallel computing.

example:

suppose I already have a list of 120 simulated patterns, called sim_pat_list.

and suppose this is what I want:

ENV_OBJ = envelope(X,fun=pcf,simulate=sim_pat_list)

but suppose I have 12 cores available.

and that I split the list sim_pat_list into 10 lists, each comprising 12 patterns, and calculate herefrom 10 envelope objects:

ENV_OBJ_1 = envelope(X,fun=pcf,simulate=sim_pat_list1)
ENV_OBJ_2 = envelope(X,fun=pcf,simulate=sim_pat_list2)

ENV_OBJ_10 = envelope(X,fun=pcf,simulate=sim_pat_list10)

is it then possible to produce something like this (pseudo-code):

ENV_OBJ = join(ENV_OBJ_1, ENV_OBJ_2, ..., ENV_OBJ_10)

to get the same result?

Thank you,
Jan