[R-sig-Geo] sp package seems to round my coordinates

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 13:33:57 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Pascal Title <pascaltitle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is problematic for me because later on I
> will be using these coordinates to match them with the original records in
> order to retrieve other information.

Since no-one else noted this: this is a bad practice. It is much safer
to add one key integer column throughout your analysis. The code to
link one column is easier than linking two columns, you can adjust a
coordinate should it be needed, you can handle overlapping points and
if you save your data/open in other software you are much more sure
that you can still link it.

Johan