[R-sig-Geo] R-sig-Geo Digest, Vol 97, Issue 1

Conchedda, Giulia (AGAL) Giulia.Conchedda at fao.org
Thu Sep 1 14:41:14 CEST 2011

Hi to All,

My question concerns the best practice to compare cell-by-cell two grids that are representing the same phenomenon (distribution of rural poor). The grids have the same spatial extent and cell size and I would like to quantify and provide statistics on how pixel values in the two grids differ. I first subtracted one from the other and in this way I can already say and spot where differences are more frequent. What is the best statistics to quantify this difference?

Thanks for advising,

Giulia