[R-sig-Geo] spatstat - how to choose an optimal bandwidth for smooth.ppp?

marcelino.delacruz at upm.es marcelino.delacruz at upm.es
Thu Sep 1 12:07:53 CEST 2011

Hi,
I dont know if there is an equivalent method to MSE for the density of
weighted points or the same method would apply, but for the question on
the default bandwith in smooth.ppp, you can see that smooth.ppp calls
density.ppp, and here, if not sigma is given, it takes sigma as  1/8 of
the minimum windows side. From the code of density.ppp:

 w <- x$window
        sigma <- (1/8) * min(diff(w$xrange), diff(w$yrange))

Cheers,

Marcelino

Con fecha 31/8/2011, "Mathieu Rajerison" <mathieu.rajerison at gmail.com>