[R-sig-Geo] Extracting GIS file - best approach?

GodinA godina at dal.ca
Tue Oct 18 15:36:12 CEST 2011

Dear list,

I am working with spatstat and am trying to define my owin: spatial region
(observation window). I have a set of marked planar point patterns generated
from random samplings in different strata. Unfortunately I don't have any
GIS file with all the information for each of my strata. I only have a map
(see below).

I am new to dealing with spatial data and would like to know what would be
the best approach to extract this information?

http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/file/n6904616/NL.jpg

Thank you very much in advance!
~Aurelie

-----
Aurelie Cosandey-Godin
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Biology
Industrial Graduate Fellow, WWF-Canada

Dalhousie University | Biology Dept. |Halifax, NS, Canada
Email: godina at dal.ca | Web: wormlab.biology.dal.ca