[R-sig-Geo] Two scale process in experimental variogram - how to fit a theoretical variogram?

Tom Gottfried tom.gottfried at tum.de
Fri Oct 14 12:50:19 CEST 2011

Hi Philip,

though this does not answer your question: tractor tracks and seedbed rows suggest strong anisotropy
and a periodical structure perpendicular to them. If you are interested in roughness induced by
different tillage practices (i.e. seedbed preparation) you might be more interested in only the
anisotropic variogram parallel to tracks and rows, thus excluding the effects of wheels and seeding
machinery.

HTH anyhow,
Tom

--