[R-sig-Geo] Problems with spgrass6 and initGRASS in Fedora 14

Julian Burgos jmburgos at uw.edu
Thu Oct 13 15:28:09 CEST 2011

Dear list,

I'm taking my first steps in running GRASS from within R... but I'm
not getting very far.  When running the initGRASS function I get the
following error:

> initGRASS(gisBase="/usr/lib64/grass-6.3.0",home = tempdir(), gisDbase = "/home/julian/Documents/GIS/GRASSdata/", location = "IcelandMercator", mapset = "Lons10m",override=TRUE)
Command: g.gisenv
Parameters:
  name: get, type: string, required: no, multiple: no
  keydesc: VARIABLE, keydesc_count: 1
[GRASS variable to get]
  name: set, type: string, required: no, multiple: no
  keydesc: "VARIABLE=value", keydesc_count: 1
[GRASS variable to set]
  name: store, type: string, required: no, multiple: no
  default: gisrc
[Where GRASS variable is stored]
Flags:
  name: verbose [Verbose module output] {FALSE}
  name: quiet [Quiet module output] {FALSE}
Error in doGRASS(cmd, flags = flags, ..., parameters = parameters,
echoCmd = echoCmd) :
  Invalid flag value: n

I am running R 2.13.1 and GRASS 6.3.0 on Fedora 14 (64 bits).

Any ideas?

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute
Netfang/Email: julian at hafro.is, jmburgos at uw.edu