[R-sig-Geo] RSAGA not runing all functions under Linux Ubuntu Natty

Alberto Gomez-Tagle Gomez gomeztjr at umich.mx
Thu Oct 6 21:58:32 CEST 2011

Thank you for your kind answers

The problem is solved. As Alex mentioned it was a problem of SAGA more than RSAGA and the binaries I had installed. It appears that neither Synaptic or Ubuntu Software Center install an all functional SAGA GIS. Repositories defined there may miss something.

I downloaded the sources and compiled from scratch following up instructions from Sourceforge net:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/saga-gis/wiki/Compiling%20a%20Linux%20Unicode%20version

Took a while but it pays off.
I smiled when I read

> rsaga.esri.to.sgrd(in.grids="DEM25m.asc", out.sgrds="dem25m.sgrd", in.path=getwd())

error: module
library path:	/usr/local/lib/saga
library name:	libio_grid
module name :	Import ESRI Arc/Info Grid
author      :	O.Conrad (c) 2007

Parameters

Grid: [not set]
File: /home/alberto/grassdata/DEM25m.asc
Target Grid Type: Floating Point (4 byte)
NoData Value: Input File's NoData Value
User Defined NoData Value: -99999.000000
Save grid: dem25m.sgrd...
ready

And was then able to perform further analysis with it.

AGT