[R-sig-Geo] Overlaying rasters in spplot

Oscar Perpiñan Lamigueiro oscar.perpinan at upm.es
Tue Nov 29 09:34:14 CET 2011

Hello,

You could try the overlaying mechanism of latticeExtra with
alpha.regions as an argument for spplot:

library(latticeExtra)

layer1<-spplot(raster1,"values",
               at=brks1,col.regions=pal1,colorkey=FALSE)
layer2<-spplot(raster2, "values", at=brks2,col.regions=pal2,
               alpha.regions=0.5)
layer1 + layer2

Best,

Oscar.