[R-sig-Geo] setting breaks in colorramps

PepET pep.bioalerts at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 14:03:50 CET 2011

Dear subscribes,

I have been looking but could not find the exact answer for my question,
which may seem really from a newbie....

I have several rasters and I want to plot them using a color gradient / ramp
going from red to grey untill 0 and from grey to green from 0 onwards.

I have managed to create a ramp:

#piba is a raster

myramp<-colorRampPalette( c("red", "white","green"), space="rgb",
breaks=c(cellStats (piba,min),0,cellStats (piba,max)))

but the problem there is that I want negative cells to go from red to white
and positive cells from white to green. Using this ramp I do not enshure
that. I also used breaks option in the plot, but then the display is a
single color.

Any help? THANK YOU!

Pep