[R-sig-Geo] spatstat - affine a window - enlarging (with same center)

marcelino.delacruz at upm.es marcelino.delacruz at upm.es
Tue Nov 22 19:27:11 CET 2011

Hi  Mathieu,

Maybe Adrian or Rolf would give a more informated answer, but in the mean
time,  my opinion is that you should compute the centroid of the affined
window and apply a "counter"-shift equivalent to the  shift that
experiments the affined window.

Here's my example with the letterR window (I don't have the
metropolitan France map at hand)

data (letterR)

ratio <- 2 # example "ratio"

letterRa <- affine(letterR, mat=matrix(c(ratio,0,0,ratio), ncol=2))

# centroids of the original and affined windows
cLR <- centroid.owin(letterR)
cLRa <- centroid.owin(letterRa)

# this is the "counter"-shift
LRshift <- c(cLR[[1]]-cLRa[[1]], cLR[[2]]-cLRa[[2]])

# shift the affined window
letterRas<-shift(letterRa, vec=LRshift)

# see the results
plot(letterRas)