[R-sig-Geo] Nested Logit Model Problem

Angelo Moreno amorenos1 at ucentral.edu.co
Mon Nov 21 22:12:08 CET 2011

Hi, I have a data frame imported from .txt format, it's so similar to the
data
("TravelMode", package = "AER")
I`m working with de "mlogit" package, when I execute the example code for
the TravelMode data, it functions so good, but when I use it for my data, it
doesn't run, why?, maybe for the format, or what could be happening?
Thanks

P.S: Code for TravelMode data
nl <- mlogit(choice ~ vcost + wait | income, TravelMode, shape = "long",
                  alt.var = "mode", print.level = 0, method = "bfgs",
                  nests = list(public = c("train", "bus"), other =
c("air","car")),
                  tol = 1)

My data and code is the same,only I change the names of variables.

This is my code and ERROR:

nl <- mlogit(Utility~Income+ Prices  |Distance_km , uno,shape="long",
+ alt.var = "Teather",print.level = 0, method = "bfgs",
+ nests = list(places = c("Americas", "CentroMayor", "Tunal")),tol = 1)

Error en solve.default(crossprod(attr(x, "gradi")[, !fixed])) :
  sistema es computacionalmente singular: número de condición recíproco =
1.00568e-28