[R-sig-Geo] units is semivariograms in GeoR

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Nov 18 17:16:32 CET 2011

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, carolina monmany wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As suggested, I am transforming my data from Sapper Hill 1943 /
> UTM_Zone_20S to WGS84  /UTM_Zone_20S to run variograms of my plots that

Your input data is almost certainly not what you think. It does seem to be
in geographical coordinates. See:

http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/4292/

and perhaps use:

CRS("+proj=longlat +ellps=intl +towgs84=-355,21,72,0,0,0,0 +no_defs")

or

CRS("+init=epsg:4292")

instead. Your target is probably:

CRS("+init=epsg:29220")