[R-sig-Geo] Inverse distance weighted with binomial data set

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at c3sl.ufpr.br
Wed Nov 16 11:21:22 CET 2011

Alexandre

idw in this context will produce values in [0,1]
and therefore comparable "estimates".
idw is an algorithm which can produce exploratory analysis
however not a model so
the issues will be the same with idw for continuos
values such as: sensibility with data configuration (specially with
clustered data), prediction errors, allowing for covariates etc.

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr
LEG (Laboratorio de Estatistica e Geoinformacao)
Universidade Federal do Parana
Caixa Postal 19.081
CEP 81.531-990
Curitiba, PR  -  Brasil