[R-sig-Geo] bbox

Tom Gottfried tom.gottfried at tum.de
Wed Nov 9 11:52:45 CET 2011

assuming your geometry column is 'the_geom': while querying

SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE the_geom @ ST_geomfromtext(...);

with ST_geomfromtext() you can set up your "custom bbox".
But of course you can load everything into R and then use subset() if your data are in a data.frame
or use over() with e.g. a SpatialPointsDataFrame and a polygon representing your 30x30Km...

Once you have a specific question and some code showing what you actually already tried somebody
will be able to give you a specific answer.

regards,
Tom

Am 09.11.2011 11:37, schrieb Raffaele Morelli:
> Hi,
>
> once a Postgis layer X is retrieved, how can I juggle with subsets of X?
>
> eg. I am working with bubble plots on a EU dataset but I want to do test it
> only using a 30x30Km in the nearby of Rome and I have no attribute data but
> the value I use for the bubbles. Should I use "subset"? Can I set a kinda
> of custom bbox?
>
> regards
> -r
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]